Posts for: June, 2018
Are you suffering from dental trauma? If you are, dental traumas have emergency protocols and are a serious problem. If you don't take care of the problem immediately, the problem could worsen. Your East Midtown, Manhattan, NY dentists have some advice for you.
More on Dental Trauma
Call your dentist if you are experiencing any of these issues:
- Prolonged Dental Pain: Pain is how your body tells you something is wrong, so listen to it. If you are experiencing prolonged pain in your tooth or gums, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Dental Trauma and/or Injury: Loose, chipped, or missing teeth, due to sports or any other accident will require immediate attention from your East Midtown, Manhattan emergency dentist.
- Swollen jaw: If you're noticing a swollen jaw, or are in constant pain, then you need to contact your dentist. There may be a tooth infection or other issues that your doctor needs to deal with.
How to Deal with Dental Trauma
Here are a few dental emergencies and how to care for them:
- Damage done to your tooth or soft-tissue needs immediate care, so call your dentist right away.
- Knocked out teeth need to be rinsed and held from the crown, not the roots.
- Placing ice to injuries reduces swelling.
- Try putting the knocked out tooth back into its socket, or in milk until you see your dentist.
If you are experiencing any issues, don’t wait to have it fixed. Let your emergency dentist help you. Just call Emergency Dental Care in East Midtown, Manhattan, NY, at (646) 992-0930.