Posts for: March, 2021
How your emergency dentist in New York, NY, can help when you have a dental emergency
A dental emergency can be a scary event, and they often happen when you are the least prepared. The good news is, you can do a lot to prepare for a dental emergency when it happens, and your dentist can help.
Dr. David Dane in New York, NY, offers comprehensive emergency dental care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including hospital admission if you need it. He proudly serves residents of New York City, including East Midtown, Manhattan, and he can help you too!
Dental emergencies can include problems like:
- Breaking a tooth or teeth
- Experiencing trauma to your mouth, jaws, or face
- Untreated severe tooth decay which is causing severe pain
- Jaw swelling from a dental abscess or impacted wisdom tooth
It’s a good idea to have a dental emergency kit in your house or your car. It’s just like a first aid kit and it should contain:
- Your dentist’s contact information, including after-hours and on weekends
- Sterile gauze
- Sterile saline solution for rinsing
- Over-the-counter medication like Tylenol
- Reusable cold packs
If you or someone you know suffers a dental emergency, there are a few basic steps to make things a little easier until you can get in to see the dentist.
- Clean away any dirt, debris, or blood from the injured area, using sterile gauze and sterile saline solution.
- Using gentle pressure, apply sterile gauze to the area to stop the bleeding.
- Place a cold pack on the area to minimize swelling.
- Call your dentist for an appointment as soon as possible.
To read more detailed information about types of dental emergencies, please visit the Emergency Dentist page on the website at https://www.dentistemergency.nyc/emergency-dentist.html
To find out more about emergency dental care services, talk with an expert by calling Dr. David Dane in East Midtown, Manhatten, New York, NY, at (646) 992-0930. Call now!